As Above, So Below: Taking stock of what we see to care for all we grow.
Join our enthusiastic group of farmers and agricultural resource providers for a deep dive into topics specific to raising pasture-based livestock in the Northeast.
Agenda Details: (subject to change/substitutions/additions)
Thursday, January 14
- Easing the Pinch Points of the Slaughter Sector Discussion - Panel
- What does it take to Build Your Grass Finishing Program - Mike Baker
- Creating and Marketing a Standard Cut Sheet - Matt LaRoux
- Farm Management Teams Opportunity - Jake Jacobs
Friday, January 15
- Tips and Tricks to Fix Your Electro Net - David Kennard
- Whole Farm Revenue Protection – Direct Markets – Jake Jacobs
- Using Your Soil Analysis Results - Laura Johnson and Margaret Borders
- Using Your Forage Analysis Results – Richard Kersbergen
- Hypes and Gripes of Guard Animals – Farmer Panel
- Farming along side the Northeast Coyotes – Chris Schadler
- Keynote Lecture/Discussion – Nicole Masters - agroecologist, systems thinker, author, and educator
Saturday, January 16
- Grazing Management 101 Q&A - Sarah Flack
- Practical Pasture Management Assessment - Juan Alvez
- Silvopasture Q&A - Steve Gabriel
- Why You Need Insects to be a Successful Grazier – Dr. Ryan Schmid
- 4 Season Water Innovations – Farmer Panel
- Keynote Lecture/Discussion - Dr. Jonathan Lundgren - agroecologist, entomologist, Director ECDYSIS Foundation, and CEO for Blue Dasher Farm
The weekend highlights plenty of new ideas to take home and ruminate on as you plan for the 2021 season.
View more details:
Registration: A registration discount is available for VGFA members, $20 per person, up to 6 tickets per farm. We are offering a sliding scale ticket pricing option for everyone, but recommending a non-member ticket price of $40.*
*Why are we charging? The advantage of a virtual conference is that the costs are certainly much lower than in-person; however, there are still costs associated with hosting an online event. We hope that a sliding scale fee options make this event accessible to all, while still covering our costs.
**Availability of Conference Content. All conference presentations will be recorded (unless noted otherwise) and will be available for participants to view up to six-months after the conference.
More details about the conference as well as registration are available at www.vtgrassfarmers.org. Contact Conference Co-Coordinator Colene Reed at [email protected] or 802-535-7606 with any questions.
The conference is hosted by the Vermont Grass Farmers Association (VGFA) and coordinated by the UVM Extension Center for Sustainable Agriculture.
UVM Extension helps individuals and communities put research-based knowledge to work. Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the United States Department of Agriculture. University of Vermont Extension, Vermont. The University of Vermont Extension, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, cooperating, offer education and employment to everyone without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or familial status. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in this program, please let Cheryl Herrick, (802) 656-5459 know by December 30th, 2020 so we may assist you.