Blake Hill Preserves
60 Artisans Way
Windsor, VT 05089
Blake Hill Preserves is known for fine preserve making incorporating locally grown and harvested produce. Stop by the shop to enjoy a special daily talk, tasting, and promo. Details with timing below. Free admission for all events.
- Monday, August 9th, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tasting: Nettle Meadow Cheese
- Daily Promo: Free jar with purchase of Nettle Meadow Cheese
- Talk with a Jammaker: 2:00pm - 4:00pm - What's the difference between a jam and a jelly? Pop into the Specialty Preserves Shop for a little Q&A with a jammaker - jam puns encouraged!
- Tuesday, August 10th, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tasting: Vermont Farmstead Cheese
- Daily Promo: Buy 2, Get 1 cheese pairings to complete your gift box
- Jam Making with Head Chef Vicky: 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Botanical jam with local infusion - come and take an in-depth look at the traditional art of preserve making.
- Wednesday, August 11th, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tasting: Jasper Hill Farmstead
- Daily Promo: Free tote with purchase of 3 jars or more
- Meet the Forager: 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Fiddleheads, Ramps, Morels, oh my! Come and learn about the Vermont foraging season and all the land of Vermont has to offer with Blake Hill's In-House Forager!
- Thursday, August 12th, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tasting: Plymouth Cheese
- Daily Promo: Buy 2, Get 1 spicy to complete your gift box
- Jam Making with Head Chef Vicky: 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Spicy jam with local infusion - come and take an in-depth look at the traditional art of preserve making.
- Friday, August 13th, 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tasting: Botanical shrub bar
- Daily Promo: Free shirt with case of jam
- Talk with a Jammaker About Shrubs: 2:00pm - 4:00pm - As many of Blake Hill's visitors have asked, “What is a shrub?!” Now you have the opportunity to ask the professional who crafts them!Pop into the Specialty Preserves Shop for a little Q&A with a jammaker - jam puns encouraged!
Blake Hill Preserves is an English fruit preservatory in Vermont creating innovative sweet, savory, and spicy jams, marmalades, and condiments for the modern pantry. A family business owned by Vicky and Joe, Blake Hill Preserves combines three generations of preserve-making skills with innovative yet super elegant flavors and the finest ingredients for health-conscious customers. Blake Hill is not just a preserves company, it is where they live - an 1800s farming property nestled in the mountains surrounding the tiny village of Grafton Vermont, population 600, and voted one of New England’s prettiest towns. Settling here in 2005, they reclaimed an old sheep barn for their home and started enjoying simple country life, including making jams from the abundant wild berries surrounding the farmhouse. One late summer day in 2009, a friend snuck a jar of their homemade Wild Blackberry and Apple Jam to Grafton’s Village Store and won the first order. Quickly selling out, they replenished the store's stock, and Blake Hill Preserves was born!