It's easy and fun to give local this season with the DigInVT Local Holiday Gift Guide! Vermont's food scene and farms have something for everyone. Give the gift of cheese!
Whether you are looking for cow, goat, or sheep cheese, a sampler pack, the fixings for a cheese board, or other cheese related items to gift this season, Vermont is your place!
Cheese Lover Gift Ideas
- Ship cheese directly to family and friends - use the Vermont Cheese Council's online sales directory. There are so many choices and many places offer gift boxes to round out your cheese gift.
- Pair cheese with a Vermont-made cheese serving board so your friends and family can craft their own cheese boards for special occasions.
- A cheese class might appeal to a cheese lover in your life. Take the Science of Farmstead Cheese Online Course and get a broader understanding behind the science and chemistry of cheese and milk.
- Create your own day trip and tour of cheesemakers in Vermont. Check out the Vermont Cheese Trail Map to plan your adventure.
- Gift a book about cheese. There are several timeless cheese book recommendations here.
Where to Buy Vermont Cheese
The Vermont Cheese Council has you covered:
- Buy in Vermont: "Visit a cheesemaker directly, check out a farmers market, or find a local shop!"
- Shop online: "Buy from a cheesemaker you love, a specialty cheese shop in Vermont, or a store near you."
- Outside of Vermont: "Buy from a store or grocery that stocks Vermont cheese and is local to you."
More Recommendations from the DigInVT Team
Many cheesemakers sell directly to the public from their farm or through the mail. Meet the makers on DigInVT.com.
Some of our DigInVT members produce products that pair beautifully with Vermont cheese!
- Order a cheese gift box! Check out Shelburne Farm, Boston Post Dairy, Jasper Hill Farm, Mad River Taste Place, and Shelburne Vineyard.
- Does someone on your list love cheese curds? Order Bridport Creamery's Holiday Cheese Curds Combo.
- Runamok Maple has a Cheese Pairing Collection that brings out the flavors on any cheese board.
- Check out the Blake Hill Preserve line of cheese pairing preserves.
- Pair a cheese gift with a Vermont beverage. See our Cider & Beer holiday recommendations.
Cheese Related, But Not Cheese!
- Von Trapp Farmstead offers "Defend Real Cheese" t-shirts and a Peace Market Tote, perfect for cheese lovers!
- Blue Ledge Farm has a collection of poetry: Goats & Those Who Live By Them.
- A cheese knife set sold by Mad River Taste Place for the charcuterie chefs in your life.
- Vermont Shepherd has many online options, including handmade totes crafted from repurposed grain bags.
- Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company offers apparel (cheese, please t-shirts) and more.
- Shelburne Farms has a beautiful 2023 calendar with scenes from their working property.
Gift a Farm Stay Experience with Cheese
- Stony Pond Farm in Enosburg Falls offers year-round farm accommodation. Relax in nature, meet the cows and farmers, explore the area, and enjoy their cheese.
- Fat Sheep Farm in Hartland offers year-round rentals of their 5 cabins. Share in the gifts of farm life - meet the sheep, chickens, and goats, help with morning chores, ask questions, and explore the area.