When you think Vermont, you think cheese! And Vermont cheese makes for a thoughtful, fun, and delicious gift for any occasion. Whether you're looking for cow's, goat's, or sheep's milk cheese, a sampler pack, the fixings for a cheese board, or other cheese-related items, Vermont is the place!
Cheese Lover Gift Ideas
- Give the gift of cheese! Ship cheese directly to family and friends - use the Vermont Cheese Council's online sales directory. Lots of places offer gift boxes with other Vermont products, too!
- Pair cheese with a Vermont-made serving board so your friends and family can craft their own cheese boards!
- A cheese class might appeal to the cheese lover in your life! The Vermont Cheese Council is offering the Science of Farmstead Cheese, a fully online, self-paced course to get geeky about how milk is turned into cheese.
- Create your own tour to visit cheesemakers across Vermont! Make a day of it or turn it into a weekend trip. Check out the Vermont Cheese Trail Map to plan your adventure.
- Gift a book about cheese! There are several timeless cheese book recommendations here.
Where to Buy Vermont Cheese
The Vermont Cheese Council has you covered:
- Buy in Vermont: "Visit a cheesemaker directly, check out a farmers market, or find a local shop!"
- Shop online: "Buy from a cheesemaker you love, a specialty cheese shop in Vermont, or a store near you."
- Outside of Vermont: "Buy from a store or grocery that stocks Vermont cheese and is local to you."
More Recommendations from the DigInVT Team
Many cheesemakers sell directly to the public from their farm or through the mail. Meet the makers on DigInVT.com.
Some of our DigInVT members produce products that pair beautifully with Vermont cheese!
- Pick up a hand-crafted cheese board or beverage from Boyer's Orchard.
- Cheese is a main component in so many of our favorite mail order gift boxes! Check out Boston Post Dairy, Mad River Taste Place, MKT: Grafton, Dakin Farm, and more!
- Vermont Victory Cheese Boxes can be purchased around the state and online from Cheese & Wine Traders, Dedalus Wine Shop, Jasper Hill Farm, and Vermont Farmstead Cheese Co. The Victory Cheese movement celebrates and supports local artisan cheesemakers and dairy farms.
- Does someone in your life love cheese curds? Order from Bridport Creamery! Hint - go for the 5lb bag for maximum cheese curd enjoyment.
- Runamok Maple has a Cheese Pairing Collection that brings out the flavors on any cheese board.
- Pair a cheese gift with a Vermont beverage! See all the local makers on DigInVT.com at the links below.
Cheese Related, But Not Cheese!
- Blue Ledge Farm has a collection of poetry: Goats & Those Who Live By Them.
- Aprons from the Vermont Cheesemakers Festival or Vermont Cheeses Tea Towels are available at the Mad River Taste Place (or online) for the cheese loving chefs in your life.
- Vermont Shepherd has many online options, including handmade totes crafted from repurposed grain bags.
- Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company offers apparel (cheese, please t-shirts) and more.
Gift a Farm Stay Experience with Cheese
- Stony Pond Farm in Enosburg Falls offers year-round farm accommodations. Relax in nature, meet the cows and farmers, explore the area, and enjoy their cheese!
- Fat Sheep Farm in Hartland has five cabins, available year-round. Share in the gifts of farm life - meet the sheep, chickens, and goats, help with morning chores, ask questions, and explore the area!