October is one of our favorite months here at DigInVT. There's an abundance of freshly harvested local veggies and meats to enjoy and the mountains are covered in bright red, orange, and yellow leaves. Pumpkins dot the hillsides and flicker on front porches, and the smell of wood smoke and just baked apple pie is in the air. But that's not all -- we also get excited for all the fun ways to celebrate Halloween in Vermont!
Below are just a few options to get in the spooky spirit for Halloween.
Eat, Drink, and Be Scary
From dance parties to murder mystery dinners, Halloween is not just for kids.
- Halloween Party | The Reservoir | Waterbury -- 10:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday, October 26
- Halloween at The Nail: Day of the Dead Sessions | The Rusty Nail | Stowe -- 9:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday, October 26
- Barktober Halloween Bash | Switchback Brewing Company | Burlington -- 4:00 pm - 8:00pm, Saturday, October 26
- Wundergroove Halloween Dance Party | Wunderbar | Rockingham -- 9:30pm, Saturday, October 26
- 14th Star Monster Mash: Halloween Party & Costume Competition | 14th Star Brewing Company | St. Albans -- 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday, November 2
- Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner | The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa | Essex -- 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday, November 2
Below are some great activities to do with the kids!
- Children's Halloween Party | Holley Hall | Bristol -- 4:30pm - 6:00pm, Friday, October 25
- Haunted Happenings | Shelburne Museum | Shelburne -- 10:00am - 1:00pm, Saturday, October 26
- A Family Halloween | Billings Farm & Museum | Woodstock -- 10:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday, October 27
- Healthy Halloween Snacks for Kids | City Market | Burlington -- 9:30am - 11:30am, Thursday, October 31
- Downtown Trick or Treating | Montpelier -- 4:30pm - 6:00pm, Thursday, October 31
Indulge in Local Sweets
It's the perfect season to treat yourself or your loved ones to something sweet! Our pick would be the Spiced Pumpkin Truffles from Lake Champlain Chocolates. Attend a tasting...
- Cider and Chocolate Pairing with Citizen Cider | Lake Champlain Chocolates | Burlington -- 6:00pm - 7:00pm, Friday, October 25
- Free Seasonal Chocolate Tastings | Lake Champlain Chocolates | Burlington -- 11:00am - 4:00pm, Friday, October 26 & Saturday, October 27
...Or simply stop by to sample and shop.
- Lake Champlain Chocolates | Burlington
- Mad River Taste Place | Waitsfield
- Maple City Candy | Swanton
- Rabble Rouser | Middlesex & Montpelier
- Runamok Maple | Fairfax
- And more!
Run If You Dare
Check out this list of 10 Spooktacular Races for Halloween from Vermont Sports! There are options in Burlington, Danville, Essex, Newport, Rutland, Bennington, Craftsbury, Norwich, and Warren. Find one near you.