October is one of our favorite months here at DigInVT. There's an abundance of freshly harvested local veggies and meats to enjoy and the mountains are covered in bright red, orange, and yellow leaves. Pumpkins dot the hillsides and flicker on front porches, and the smell of wood smoke and just baked apple pie is in the air. But that's not all -- we also get excited for all the fun ways to celebrate Halloween in Vermont!
Below are just a few options to get in the spooky spirit for Halloween.
Eat, Drink, and Be Scary
From dance parties to special cocktails, Halloween is not just for kids.
- 2021 Monster Prom | Four Quarters Brewing | Winooski - 9:00pm - 12:00am , Saturday, October 30
- Barktober Halloween Bash | Switchback Brewing Company | Burlington -- 1:00 pm - 5:00pm, Saturday, October 30
- 14th Star Monster Mash: Halloween Party & Costume Competition | 14th Star Brewing Company | St. Albans -- 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday, November 2
Below are some great activities to do with the kids!
- Shelburne Halloween Parade and Trick-or-Treating | Falls Road | Shelburne -- 2:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday, October 31
- A Family Halloween | Billings Farm & Museum | Woodstock -- 10:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday, October 24
- Fall Festival & Halloween Celebration | Montpelier --1:00pm - 6:00pm, Sunday, October 31
Indulge in Local Sweets
It's the perfect season to treat yourself or your loved ones to something sweet!
- Chocotober Fest! | Lake Champlain Chocolates | Burlington -- 12:00pm - 4:00pm, October 23 & Saturday, October 30.
...Or simply stop by to sample and shop.
- Mad River Taste Place | Waitsfield
- Rabble Rouser Chocolate & Craft Co. | Montpelier
- Runamok Maple | Fairfax
- And more!