Keep it local and delicious this holiday season and give the gift of Vermont food. From tasty treats to memorable experiences for the whole family--we've got you covered. Without further ado...
The VFN Top 10!
Search by type of cheese, milk or farm at the Vermont Cheese Council to find the perfect match for everyone on your list.
2. Send your loved one to a Cooking Class at Healthy Living, The Essex, City Market, Kitchen at the Store or the South End Kitchen; on a Culinary Retreat through Cafe Provence or the Inn at Weathersfield; or to a Farm-stay with the Green Mountain Girls or Liberty Hill Farm.
3. Spread holiday cheer with the gift of Vermont Mead, Spirits, Wine and Cider. Tell the story of the lost apple project with Shacksbury's 1840 hard cider, thrill the spirit enthusiast with Caledonia Spirit's barrel aged Tom Cat Gin or introduce aspiring sommeliers to the award winning wines of the Green Mountain State--try Shelburne Vineyard's 2012 Marquette Reserve (this year's 2014 International Cold Climate Wine Competition 'Best in Show' winner).
4. Best of Vermont, Shelburne Farms, Lake Champlain Chocolates, Vermont Smoke and Cure and King Arthur Flour all offer fabulous Foodie Gift Baskets to send directly to those in need of a Vermont care package!
6. We're positive the cook in your life would love a Winter CSA, or fill their freezer with a Maple Wind Meat Share!
Search VFN for a CSA near you!
7. Support your favorite local restaurant and gift a memorable night out with a Restaurant Gift Card! (Throw in some free babysitting and it's an extra special gift.)
Browse VFN's Gold Barn Restaurants to find the perfect spot!
Check out DigInVT.com for a statewide listing of Vermont farm and food events.